Saved by the bell
27 years ago, on August 20th 1989, Saved by the Bell aired for the first time on NBC. The show was a reboot of the Disney Channel series Good Morning, Miss Bliss.
The series starred Mark-Paul Gosselaar (as Zack Morris), Dustin Diamond (as Samuel “Screech” Powers), Lark Voorhies (as Lisa Turtle), Dennis Haskins (as Richard Belding), Tiffani-Amber Thiessen (as Kelly Kapowski), Elizabeth Berkley (as Jessie Spano), and Mario Lopez (as A.C. Slater).
The show ran for 4 seasons and spawned two spin-off series: Saved by the Bell: The College Years (1993–94) and Saved by the Bell: The New Class (1993–2000). It also spawned two TV movies, Saved by the Bell: Hawaiian Style in 1992 and Saved by the Bell: Wedding in Las Vegas in 1994.
Here are the 11 most ridiculous, salacious and lurid “Saved by the Bell” sex (and drug) scandals revealed by Dustin Diamond in “Behind the Bell”. For the extended version, click here.
- Dustin Diamond has a large penis and has used it to have sex with more than 2,000 women, most of whom he picked up at Disneyland.
- Mario Lopez raped a girl, and NBC paid her hush money.
- Tiffani-Amber Thiessen cheated on the actor who played Johnny Dakota simultaneously with Mario Lopez and Mark-Paul Gosselaar.
- During the “No Hope With Dope” episode, the cast members were all smoking weed in their dressing rooms.
- Elizabeth Berkley also did both Mario Lopez and Mark-Paul Gosselaar… but only once Tiffani-Amber Thiessen was done.
- Lark Voorhies then did them as sloppy thirds.
- When Lark Voorhies was engaged to Martin Lawrence, he abused her (at a minimum verbally).
- Dustin Diamond had sex with NBC’s VP of children’s programming, Linda Mancuso.
- Mark-Paul Gosselaar confessed to the cast that he took steroids before “Saved by the Bell: The College Years”.
- Ed “Max” Alonzo used to get gay with Neil Patrick Harris while they talked about magic.
- Executive producer Peter Engel used to have bisexual threesomes with Tiffani-Amber Thiessen and Mark-Paul Gosselaar in his office.