Skillet chocolate chip cookie
Makes about 8 servings
- 1/2 cup (113g) butter
- 1/4 cup (50g) sugar
- 1/2 cup (100g) light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups (190g) flour
- 3/4 tsp (4.5g) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (3g) salt
- 1 cup (160g) chocolate chips or chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C). In a 9 or 10 inch (23-25cm) cast iron skillet melt butter over low heat.
- Remove from heat and add sugar and light brown sugar. If necessary let it cool slightly before adding the egg.
- Stir in egg and vanilla extract. Incorporate dry ingredients, salt, baking soda and flour.
- Fold in the chocolate chips or chunks and spread the batter evenly in the skillet.
- Bake for 20 minutes until slightly golden.
- Serve warm with ice cream on top.